Saturday, December 22, 2007

Gramercy Tavern

Friday December 21, 2007
Second day of craziness! Which also happens to be the day I gained 10 pounds in one sitting. Good food all day long and I had a lot of fun on subways and such. I had to finish up a Film and Lit research paper in the morning, but the day got better. It was reallyyy really cold and I had to wear like 4 layers...yikes. I hope i'll get used to it though.

1. huge tree in Rockefeller Center. theres an ice skating rink below too.
2. THE tree
3. penny harvest thing in the rockefeller center. donate pennies and help children's education
4. nancy and I by a fountain right outside her work - cute ornament decorations

kelvin (nancy's bf) made reservations to a really nice restaurant called "Gramercy Tavern". We did the tasting menu which consisted of 5 main courses and desserts. SOO good. we spent like 2 hours there. no joke. hence the gaining ten pounds in one sitting. i was in heavennnnn

1. Some appetizer thing...i forgot what it was and its not on the menu.
2. Calamari & Carrot Salad (Toasted Pine Nuts and Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette)

3. Nantucket Bay Scallops (Lentils, Pickled Mushrooms and Salsify)
4. Smoked Trout (Sunchoke Purée and Pickled Onion Vinaigrette)


5. Quail (Cinderella Squash and House-Cured Bacon) - not pictured. i have no idea where it went. oops
6. Rack of Veal (Wild Mushrooms, Asian Pears and Celery Root Purée)



7. Tasting Dessert - started off with a coconut tapioca dessert. (Passion Fruit & Coconut Sorbets, Passion Fruit Caramel and Cilantro Syrup). Then we had a choice of two desserts from the dessert tasting menu. unfortunately i have no idea what they were. but i do know they were yummy. The last part of dessert was the Tavern Cookie Plate. =)


1. family!
2. one more of the family and kelvin

3. my dad, me and my sister
4. HAH my sister bought them the same exact navy sweater for their birthdays! and they coincidently wore them that night! TWINS!


my dads new blackberry. it's AMAZING. while eating dinner we even used it to check up what a "passion fruit" is exactly. and of course it has AIM. so yeah...its AMAZING!
then we went home on the subway. we totally should've walked it off but it was way too cold. oh well
yup thats day two in nyc for me. tomorrow im going to westport, CT to see my friends from CORNELL! can't waittttttt. later

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

heyy lover! that entire menu looks so, so good. so gourmet! anyway. i'm leaving for the cruise tomorrow (friday) so i'll see you tuesday!

♥ tiff